Survey Copter (an Airbus subsidiary) has a vacancy for a Mechanical Design Engineer. You will join the Design Office team.
Survey Copter, with 50 employees, is located in Pierrelatte (Drôme). A 100% subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space since 2011, our family-owned company designs and produces mini-UAV systems. These aircraft drones are perfectly suited to missions requiring rapid coverage of a large area or distance, and are intended for both military and civilian use.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to progress within teams of enthusiasts, while enjoying the spirit of an industrial SME in an internationally-renowned group like Airbus.
Missions and responsibilities
Reporting to the Design Office Manager, you will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Design and lay out assemblies, sub-assemblies and simple mechanical parts according to specifications;
- Document the justification for the definition and design;
- Develop test benches for mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies;
- Write test plans, test reports and technical notes for internal and external customers;
- Analyze test results, define action plans and monitor their implementation;
- Organize and coordinate development testing of equipment and complete systems on the ground or in the air;
- Define, select and implement off-the-shelf mechanical systems (e.g. bearings, sealing solutions, fasteners, etc.);
- Define specifications and monitor the development of equipment purchased to specification;
- Participate in technical meetings with suppliers;
- Analyze and process technical facts;
- Produce prototypes of various products.
Skills and experience required
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- General engineering degree in aeronautics or mechanical engineering;
- Beginners accepted;
- Proficiency in computer-aided design;
- Knowledge of Inventor CAD software is a plus;
- Ability to perform mechanical dimensioning calculations (optimization of simple parts, structural analysis, etc.);
- Master mechanical assembly techniques;
- Basic knowledge of aerodynamics, materials and aeronautical manufacturing processes (composites, machining, etc.);
- Knowledge of combustion and electric motors is a plus.
This position requires rigor, creativity and teamwork.
Mechanical design engineer (F/H)
By submitting your CV or application, you consent to Airbus using and storing information about you for the purposes of following up your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to ensuring the diversity of its workforce and creating a working environment open to all. All applications are welcome, regardless of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Airbus is committed to ensuring diversity in its workforce and to creating an open working environment.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for monetary exchange as part of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus for this purpose should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.